Nautilus Entertainment Design...Overview
At Nautilus Entertainment Design (NED) we are theatre consultants, lighting and A/V designers and project managers for a wide variety of entertainment, hospitality and military projects world wide. We have 16 people on staff in our office in San Diego and have been in business for 20 years. Projects include:
- Over 45 cruise ships for Carnival, Princess, Holland America, Costa Crociere, Seabourn, Cunard and P&O where we have consulted and designed systems for all of the entertainment venues, broadcast systems, digital signage and architectural lighting. We have also provided project management for special projects such as exterior large format LED video displays, photo labs, interactive photo galleries and a 4D theatre. (all of these projects are built in Europe where we have developed relationships with contractors in Finland, France, Germany, Italy and the U.K.)
- In the past 18 months we have completed 20 different projects on military bases and we are currently working on an additional 12 projects. Our scope of work includes the A/V system design for facilities related to command & control, housing, dining, training, meetings and secure video teleconferencing.
- Architectural lighting and A/V system design for hospitality installations including a 330,000 sq/ft hotel and casino for the Choctaw Tribe of Oklahoma, installations at New York, New York and the Bellagio in Las Vegas, the Silver Star Resort and Casino in Mississippi, and a new conference center at the Phoenician Hotel and Resort.
- Current theatre consulting project (other than ships) include a new 500 seat theatre for St. Augustine H.S. in San Diego (Domus Studio) and a peer review of the Capistrano Valley H.S. Performing Arts Center.
- Architectural and Broadcast lighting design for the Architect of the Capitol for projects related to the Senate Chamber, House of Representatives, and various Hearing Rooms. Recently, NED has been retained to perform a study of upgrading both the TV and architectural lighting in the Senate Chamber to LED and other energy efficient sources.
- Production lighting design for television and special events including Republican and Democratic conventions, the Presidential Debates, the Hong Kong and Macao Handover Ceremonies. Corporate events and exhibits for Hewlett Packard, IBM, General Motors, Porsche, Nissan, Intel and many others.
As consultants and designers, we are not affiliated with any manufacturers, nor do we sell any equipment. We typically work on behalf of an Owner, Architect or Show Producer.
“Future Area” contains a flush mounted, curved video wall thirteen feet wide by four feet high. NED designed the architectural and exhibit lighting as well as the AV and control systems for all areas of the museum.